Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTheAppleBytesLatest imagesMailRegisterLog in

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PHOENiX.505
Administrator
Administrator

iPoints : 63650
Warning Level : Safe

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone. Empty
PostLeica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone.

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone. Iphone_leica

Would you like to have a cameraphone that doesn’t make compromises when it comes to camera-related features, image quality and functionality as a smartphone? The folks from Black Design Associates would like that too, so they created a concept that essentially turns an iPhone 4 case into a full-fledged camera.

Place the iPhone inside the “case”, and you get a ready-to-shoot camera, with internal flash memory, a 12.1 megapixel sensor and 8x optical zoom. On the back side, you control it through the iPhone’s 3.5-inch retina display, which doesn’t at all sound like a bad way to operate a camera. Of course, the iPhone also brings some additional perks, such as the ability to quickly compress photos and videos and share them on your favorite social network.

The concept (which is nowhere near production stage, as far as we can tell) leaves many questions unanswered: how practical would it be to carry the Leica camera-case around, and what are the benefits of such an idea over having a standard camera that can connect to the iPhone. Still, for those of us that dream of phones and high-end cameras some day merging into one, it’s an interesting proposition.

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone. Iphone_leica_big

Via [Engadget]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theapplebytes.com
Share this post on: reddit

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone. :: Comments

No Comment.

Leica i9 concept pairs $1,000 camera with $200 iPhone.

Page 1 of 1