Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTheAppleBytesLatest imagesMailRegisterLog in

John Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PHOENiX.505
Administrator
Administrator

iPoints : 63420
Warning Level : Safe

John Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience." Empty
PostJohn Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience."

Steve Jobs lured John Sculley away from Pepsi to work as Apple’s CEO in the 1980s with the now famous line: “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life or do you want to come with me and change the world?”

John Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience." Apple

Sculley took the job immediately. “It was like someone just knocked wind out of my stomach”, he would say decades later. However, he would later earn notoriety for helping fire Jobs after an attempted boardroom coup in 1983. Today, Sculley is lavishing praise on Apple’s boss.
Though the board had later kicked Sculley out of the picture over market share loss due to cheap Windows PCs taking over, plummeting sales and a series of missed deadlines, he partially takes credit today for Apple’s experience focused success. In an exclusive interview with Electricpig, Sculley says:

Quote :
Steve and I hit it off because he believed computers would eventually need to be sold like packaged goods. I said, Steve, let’s sell the experience of a lifestyle. It was always about selling the experience and that was what interested Steve. If you look at Apple today everything is sold on experience.

He also talked about the differences between Apple and Microsoft and credited Steve for single-handedly launching the mobile revolution.

Stay tuned for more news...
Back to top Go down
http://www.theapplebytes.com
Share this post on: reddit

John Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience." :: Comments

No Comment.

John Sculley Former Apple CEO : "Apple today everything is sold on experience."

Page 1 of 1