Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTheAppleBytesLatest imagesMailRegisterLog in

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in Cloud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PHOENiX.505
Administrator
Administrator

iPoints : 63590
Warning Level : Safe

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud Empty
PostHands-On - iCloud - iTunes in Cloud

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud Itunes_cloud-360x225

At WWDC on Monday, Apple officially unveiled its much anticipated iTunes in the Cloud feature.

The feature will be part of iCloud, which will formally launch alongside iOS 5 this fall, but users can get a taste of some of features today.

iTunes in the Cloud allows users to access songs, albums, music videos, apps and books that were previously purchased but that don’t exist locally on a user’s device. That means if you don’t have a copy of an album on your iPhone or iPad but you really want to hear your favorite song, you can just redownload the track from your account free of charge rather than having to sync with your Mac or PC.

In the fall, Apple will also introduce an iTunes Match service that will make it easy for users to gain cloud access to all the music they haven’t purchased on iTunes for just $25 a year. Starting today, however, users can take advantage of the larger “access your iTunes purchases” feature.

GSM iPhone 4 owners (sorry Verizon folks) and iPod touch or iPad users running iOS 4.3.1 or higher will now see a new “Purchased” tab in the iTunes app in iOS. iTunes 10.3 beta brings that functionality to the Mac or PC.

We’ve spent some time with iTunes in the Cloud and put together this gallery to show off the major features in this early preview. On the outset, we have to say we’re impressed at how easy it was to browse through our purchase history and download single tracks or complete albums at the push of a button, both on the iPhone and on the Mac.

I have a large iTunes collection, and many of my purchases are not on my MacBook Pro. Some aren’t even on my iMac but are instead archived on an old iPod video. Thanks to iTunes in the cloud, I can redownload content I purchased years ago, including bonus and exclusive track, for free.

Purchased Tab

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 1

Recent Purchases

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 2

Artist View

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 3

Download Screen

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 4

Purchased Section in iTunes

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 5

Album View

Hands-On - iCloud - iTunes in  Cloud 6