Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTheAppleBytesLatest imagesMailRegisterLog in

iPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PHOENiX.505
Administrator
Administrator

iPoints : 63420
Warning Level : Safe

iPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more ! Empty
PostiPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more !

With the wait for Apple’s White iPhone 4 almost over, speculation has now turned to focus on the company’s next iPhone iteration, iPhone 5. Currently expected to be announced this September, This Is My Next tonight claims to have some further information on this as yet unreleased device.

iPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more ! Screen-shot-2011-04-22-at-215622

For starters, they claim that, despite recent reports claiming otherwise, iPhone 5 will be a complete re-design and look very different to today’s iPhone 4. Currently reported to be a prototype in testing, This Is My Next claims iPhone 5 will feature a larger home button (as seen in the mock-up above) which … wait for it … will be gesture sensitive.

Alongside a larger, gesture sensitive home button, (which it is reported will work with most of the gestures currently being testing in iOS 4.3), This Is My Next also claim the device will not feature an outer bezel (as such), but instead will see the display run from edge-to-edge. The display itself is said to be an upgrade from the current 3.5-inches (seen on the iPhone 4) to 3.7-inches, causing a pixel drop of 13 pixels-per-inch.

The interesting part? – Even taking into account the 13 pixel drop, this display would still qualify as “Retina”.

On the less-confirmed side of this report This Is My Next also hints that the iPhone 5 may feature both wireless inductive charging and/or NFC (Near Field Communication), but again – compared to some other of the details above – these details have not yet been confirmed.
In closure, This Is My Next stresses that this described device may never come to fruition, but notes that a device of this nature is currently being tested at Apple, Cupertino, California – and that, they say, is confirmed.

Quote :
Now, keep in mind that this info isn’t fact — we’re getting lots of threads from lots of places and trying to make sense of the noise. The versions of devices our sources are seeing could be design prototypes and not production-ready phones. Still, there are strong indications that Apple will surprise a public that’s expecting a bump more along the lines of the 3G to 3GS — and this is some insight into where those designs might be headed. We’re working on a couple of other intriguing pieces of information concerning future Apple products… so stay tuned for much, much more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theapplebytes.com
Share this post on: reddit

iPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more ! :: Comments

No Comment.

iPhone 5 : Gesture-Based Home Button, 3.7-inch Screen and much more !

Page 1 of 1